DScraft is a DS homebrew adaptation of the popular game Minecraft. At the moment this is a rather complete adptation of "creative mode" (or minecraft Classic), which means there is only exploration and creation in this version. I am planning on attempting to adapt survival in future versions !
DScraft was made by smealum alone in his spare time and is in no way associated with Minecraft or Mojang.
Simply drag and drop DScraft.nds and the dscraft directory to your card. (NO NEED to transfer the separate worlds directory)
IMPORTANT - if using nitroFS version, dscraft directory MUST BE in the same directory as DScraft.nds.
if using FAT version, dscraft directory MUST BE at the root of the card.
Included are a "worlds" directory and mapGen program. The worlds directory contains several pre-generated worlds for you to explore; simply drag and drop the files to the dscraft/worlds directory to install each one.
The mapGen program is used to generate new worlds. Simply execute it and follow the steps.
New worlds can be installed by copying .map files to the dscraft/worlds directory.
Texture packs can be installed by unzipping them in a directory in the dscraft/packs folder.
Screenshots are stored in the dscraft/screens directory.
- Ability to add and remove blocks
- Nice terrain generation (including cliffs, plains, small forests, lakes...)
- Basic cave generation
- Map streaming from file, meaning really big maps can be used (1024x1024 maps are fully playable)
- Texture pack support (the game's default texture pack is eldpack)
- Day/night cycle, clouds, dawn/dusk, stars... (basically : nice sky )
- More or less dynamic lighting system (torches !)
- Basic bottom screen (working buttons, inventory)
- Tons of blocks !
- (Basic) Dynamic water
- eld for his awesome textures
- notch and all of mojang for creating and maintaining minecraft
- boomboombass for the awesome website made under such short notice
- Cyan, GBAtemp, Vloz, Sir_Voe and the two other people whose nicknames weren't in there emails for their generous donations